A sports injury is a broad term to define an injury sustained as a result or during the practice or sport. A sport injury can occur to anyone regardless whether they’re a beginner or an elite athlete. A correct diagnosis and quick treatment with a tailored recovery program are key to a fast recovery.
Sports injuries are divided into traumatic injuries and overuse injuries.
– Traumatic injury is a type of injury sustained during the practice of a sport, usually from fall, tackle or contact during practice.
– Overuse injury is mainly due to repetitive movement or strain linked with a biomechanical imbalance.
Common symptoms of sports injury:
– Sudden pain.
– Difficulty weight bearing.
– Dislocation or subluxation of a joint.
– Immediate weakness.
– Tenderness around a joint.